- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
March 28, 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Announces 2023 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellow and Pathfinder
March 22, 2023Benchmark Litigation Names Robins Kaplan 2023 Minnesota Law Firm of the Year
March 16, 2023Second Circuit Affirms Record $5.6 Billion Recovery in Antitrust Case
March 29-30, 2023ACI Managed Care Disputes and Litigation
April 3, 2023Conference of Tribal Lending Commissioners
April 11-13, 2023Mass Torts Made Perfect Seminar
March 2023Unintended Consequences of Banning Noncompete Agreements
March 26, 2023What I’ll Be Watching for in the Amgen Oral Arguments
March 13, 2023The Antitrust Case that Could Reshape Professional Golf
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
How to Apply
There are two ways that you can apply for a Summer Associate position:
- Job fairs. We typically attend the Loyola IP Job Fair.
- Online application. You can submit an application here. Please include a cover letter, resume, copy of your school transcript and a writing sample. Convert your materials to PDF format before uploading.
If you are a 2L applying online, you will have the greatest chance of being considered for a screen interview if you submit your materials through our online application system between June 1 and July 15.
We encourage you to give special consideration to a strong cover letter in which you identify why you would like to work at Robins Kaplan.
The Interview Process
Once we receive your application, we typically conduct an initial (or screen) interview (via Zoom) before inviting candidates for a full interview. In call back interviews, you will meet with between five and seven attorneys for 30-minute sessions. This will give you an opportunity to learn more about Robins Kaplan and what you can expect as a summer associate and associate and to tell us more about your talents, interests, and goals. We are particularly interested in learning about:
- Your ability to think critically about complex business and legal issues;
- Your leadership and teamwork skills;
- How you have creatively solved problems and overcome challenges; and
- Your communication skills.
Following the interview, most candidates will hear from us about an offer within two weeks.
Information for 1L's
We offer a limited number of summer clerkships for students between the first and second years of law school. Each office recruits IL students differently. Check the job postings on our website or with the career services office of your law school for job postings.
Applications from 1L’s are generally accepted between December 1 and January 15 each year, but see individual job postings for specific application deadlines.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.