- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
March 30, 2023Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison and Robins Kaplan Partner Tara Sutton Give Opening Statements in Minnesota’s Lawsuit Against JUUL
March 28, 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Announces 2023 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellow and Pathfinder
March 22, 2023Benchmark Litigation Names Robins Kaplan 2023 Minnesota Law Firm of the Year
April 3, 2023Conference of Tribal Lending Commissioners
April 11-13, 2023Mass Torts Made Perfect Seminar
April 19, 2023FBA Women in MDL, Mass and Class Leadership
March 2023Unintended Consequences of Banning Noncompete Agreements
March 26, 2023What I’ll Be Watching for in the Amgen Oral Arguments
March 2023How an Investor Can Lose More Than Just Their Investment
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Domestic and International Arbitration
Domestic and international arbitration representation for complex, national, global, or cross-border business and intellectual disputes.
When business-critical agreements requiring arbitration go awry, jobs, reputations, and the bottom line depend on the outcome of the dispute. Our entire practice focuses on resolving our clients’ disputes—and domestic and international arbitration is a cornerstone of that practice. Our arbitration lawyers represent clients in complex domestic arbitrations throughout the United States and in arbitration tribunals throughout the world.
Unlike court proceedings, arbitrations provide few opportunities for resolution through motion practice and frequently proceed to a trial on the merits. In addition, arbitration results are often final and offer only very limited opportunities for appeal. Trial skills are essential to driving successful results in arbitration. We understand how to navigate the written and unwritten rules of domestic and international arbitration forums, and effectively present complex technical issues in ways that deliver results.
Our lawyers often serve as arbitrators in complex disputes administered under a wide variety of domestic and international arbitration rules. We understand the inner workings of the arbitration process and the complex rules that govern the conduct of arbitration.
Our lawyers have decades of experience handling disputes both as advocates and arbitrators under many domestic and international arbitration rules, including:
- The American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- The China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- The International Center for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- The Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (JAMS)
- The National Advertising Division and National Advertising Review Board (NAD/NARB)
- The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
As advocates and arbitrators, our lawyers have a broad range of experience in complex commercial and technical arbitrations, including disputes involving:
- Distributorship Agreements
- Franchise Agreements and Hold Overs
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- Licensing Disputes and Enforcement
- Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Patent Infringement
- Product Development and Supply Agreements
- Trade Secrets
- Trademark Infringement
Alternative Fee Structures
We understand the risks associated with complex intellectual property and business disputes, and we are often willing to share our clients’ risk. We regularly represent clients through alternative fee structures, including contingency, success fee, and flat fee arrangements.
Clients and Industries
We have both brought and defended arbitrations and international arbitrations for individual, corporate, and multi-national clients from multiple industries, including:
- Financial Markets
- Food and Beverage
- Health and Life Sciences
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.