AI Legal Summit: Solutions for Averting IP and Privacy Litigation in the Age of Artificial Intelligence
May 09, 2019
San Carlos, CA 94070
Recognize the IP and privacy-related risks that arise as AI takes a greater foothold in your business. Our half-day seminar will present solutions to risks that are unique to artificial intelligence, such as:
- Protecting against copyright and other IP claims that may attach to AI inputs, models, and outputs;
- Defining ownership over AI data models and output;
- Securing and enforcing trade secrets over AI technology; and
- Staving off class actions and regulatory proceedings over the use of personal data and metadata.
For executives and in-house counsel at companies embracing AI, this complimentary Minimum Continuing Legal Education and Continuing Privacy Education course will empower you to stay ahead of the developing court and regulatory challenges from state, federal, and European authorities.
Questions? Contact Christine Berndt at CBerndt@RobinsKaplan.com or 612.349.8404.
Moderator: Jim Dempsey, Executive Director, Berkeley Center for Law & Technology
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Registration
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Understanding AI architectures: Appreciating the technology that sparks legal disputes
Roger Bodamer; Founder and CEO, 0x03/Fact Processing Technologies;
Founding CTO, Archipelago Analytics
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Insulating your AI system from IP claims and guarding its value
- Oksana Sokolovsky, CEO and Co-Founder, Io-Tahoe
- Roger Bodamer; Founder and CEO, 0x03/Fact Processing Technologies; Founding CTO, Archipelago Analytics
- Steven C. Carlson, Partner, Robins Kaplan LLP
- Kevin M. Pasquinelli, Counsel, Robins Kaplan LLP
4:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Break
4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. Fencing in personal data to minimize risks of privacy class and regulatory actions
- Joan Burns Brown, Lead Counsel, IBM Blockchain Ecosystems and IBM Blockchain for Healthcare Incubation Center
- Jill Bronfman, Privacy Counsel, Common Sense Media
- Michael A. Geibelson; Managing Partner, Los Angeles and Silicon Valley Offices, Robins Kaplan LLP
- Brandy Worden, CIPP/US, CIPP/E; Associate, Robins Kaplan LLP
5:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Wrap-up
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Reception
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.