- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
March 28, 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Announces 2023 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellow and Pathfinder
March 22, 2023Benchmark Litigation Names Robins Kaplan 2023 Minnesota Law Firm of the Year
March 16, 2023Second Circuit Affirms Record $5.6 Billion Recovery in Antitrust Case
March 29-30, 2023ACI Managed Care Disputes and Litigation
April 3, 2023Conference of Tribal Lending Commissioners
April 11-13, 2023Mass Torts Made Perfect Seminar
March 2023Unintended Consequences of Banning Noncompete Agreements
March 26, 2023What I’ll Be Watching for in the Amgen Oral Arguments
March 13, 2023The Antitrust Case that Could Reshape Professional Golf
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
$8.5 million in judgments from methadone-related car accident. Represented the families of two young men killed in a traffic collision caused by a methadone-impaired driver. After a motion to dismiss, the families’ claims against the methadone clinic for negligent practices went forward following a “first-of-its-kind” ruling in Minnesota, in which the district court found that the clinic had a duty to protect the public from its improper treatment practices. After over two years of litigation and shortly before trial, the clinic agreed to confess judgment, be adjudicated negligent, and to assign all claims against its insurance companies two weeks prior to a scheduled jury trial. Insurance coverage continues to be actively litigated.
$8.5 million verdict for double amputee in products liability case involving a defective tractor.
$10.3 million verdict for passenger injured in truck collision.
Several dram shop insurance settlements involving liquor liability coverage issues. Was the primary developer and briefer of coverage theories to various Minnesota trial judges and the Minnesota Court of Appeals which greatly increased the coverage available to our clients.
Confidential settlement on behalf of two families who lost three children when a conversion van spontaneously erupted into flames.
Confidential settlement for two boys who were severely burned when a non-child resistant utility lighter started a fire.
9.6 million settlement on behalf of a severely brain-injured young woman who was rear-ended in an auto accident.
$1 million judgment for wrongful death of a 4-year-old boy, affirmed on appeal (2005).
$1 million dollar settlement including waiver of worker's compensation subrogation interest for arm amputation caused by a defectively designed conveyor belt "tripper".
$872,000 settlement for wrongful death of a 17-year-old (2005).
$530,000 judgment for foot injuries to a 24-year-old, sustained on appeal (2005).
$300,000 jury verdict for man with a herniated disc, who suffered no wage loss.
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by the Minnesota State Bar Association for providing at least 50 hours of pro bono legal services (2015-2016)
- Recipient of the "Ann Liechty Pro Bono Award" from the American Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude (1978)
- Stanford University, B.A., with distinction
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Association for Justice (formerly Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.