Success in a mandatory FINRA arbitration demands ready access to effective, cost-efficient legal representation. At Robins Kaplan LLP, our FINRA lawyers help brokerage firms, brokers, and other investment industry professionals maximize the advantages FINRA arbitrations offer. We understand the specific, strategic requirements a FINRA arbitration demands because our experience includes representations of investors as well as investment professionals. As with our financial markets litigation on both sides of the courtroom, our involvement in all aspects of FINRA means we can anticipate the other side, predict likely positions and arguments, and drive better outcomes. Accomplished litigators, our willingness and ability to take a matter to full arbitration also gives our clients more options and greater authority when settlement opportunities arise. No matter the complexity or scope of the case, our FINRA representations help investment professionals and organizations resolve their most important broker-dealer disputes.
Our experience representing investment professionals and organizations includes FINRA actions for:
- Investor Claims of Negligence, Churning and Suitability
- Employment Broker-Brokerage Disputes, like:
- Trade Secret Misappropriation
In addition, our in-house forensic accountant has testified previously in cases before FINRA’s predecessor NASD in disputes on behalf of investors related to churning, suitability and/or damages.
Selected Case Results*
- Represented financial advisor in a number of matters involving non-solicitation clauses, settling the matters before arbitration.
- Defended a senior official of a financial services company against claims brought by a former employee which resulted in a lengthy NASD arbitration after which the panel rejected all claims against our client.
- Successfully resolved arbitration against investment broker on corporate ERISA plan concerning the level of exposure to subprime loans made in connection with the broker’s recommended purchase of the securities. Case settled after arbitration panel announced that our client was to submit a petition for an award of attorney fees.
- Represented broker-dealer in a NASD arbitration alleging corporate raiding and theft of trade secrets and client lists.
- Represented broker-dealer in NASD arbitration brought by a terminated broker seeking commission/pay.
- Represented a broker in investigation by FINRA on suitability of investments and churning.
- Represented a broker in dispute on suitability of investments.
* Past results are reported to provide the reader with an indication of the type of litigation we practice. They do not and should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other case, as all cases are dependent upon their own unique fact situation and applicable law.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.