- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
June 6, 2023Super Lawyers Names Five Attorneys to “Southern California Rising Stars” List
June 1, 2023Chambers USA Recognizes Five Robins Kaplan Practice Groups and 17 Lawyers in 2023 Guide
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
June 9, 2023LGBTQ Legal Services: Transgender Name Change Clinic
June 13, 20232023 Probate and Trust Law Section Conference
June 14, 2023Leading Through Uncertainty
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Trade Secret Litigation
“Have we been the victim of intellectual property theft?” It is a question business leaders often ask themselves, but one that can be difficult to answer. IP theft can be difficult to detect and can quickly lead to the loss of market share and millions of dollars in revenue. As IP theft becomes more common – and more costly – clients are seeking new tools to combat it.
At Robins Kaplan LLP, our track record of success representing plaintiffs and defendants in complex, high-exposure trade secret cases includes claims related to licensing, non-compete agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, employee defections, and industrial espionage. We have litigated claims in state and federal courts across the country, the International Trade Commission, and in domestic and international arbitration forums.
We understand the often-nuanced differences between each state’s existing trade secret laws and the case strategies those differences require. No matter the venue, our attorneys know what it takes to protect clients’ proprietary information and processes through all stages of litigation, including expedited disputes like temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions.
We also help clients of all sizes build comprehensive protection plans to safeguard confidential information and detect trade secret misappropriation. Our intellectual property and technology litigation attorneys have partnered with our in-house Ph.D. science advisors to develop a proprietary analytic service which can help clients identify cases of possible trade secret theft committed by former employees, contractors, vendors, or other corporate insiders. We recognize the heightened importance of protecting the secrecy of innovation and the critical role effective trade secret representation plays in our clients’ continued success.
Our trade secret lawyers have experience asserting and defending claims of trade secret misappropriation and confidential information theft and misuse. Our trade secret lawyers also have experience implementing trade secret protection strategies, including:
- Surveying and identifying trade secret holdings and design programs to maintain requisite secrecy, including necessary physical security measures;
- Counseling clients on industry-specific strategies for avoiding trade secret claims;
- Working with inventors, start-ups, and other innovators to minimize risks related to trade secrets claims; and
- Developing and negotiating confidentiality agreements with employees, partners, suppliers, and customers for identifying and protecting clients’ confidential information.
Serving Clients Across a Range of Industries
We assert and defend actions involving trade secrets and other confidential information across multiple industries, including:
- Consumer Electronics
- Food and Beverage
- Health Care
- Health and Life Sciences
- Medical Device
- Software and Distributed Networks
- Professional Services
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.