- Represents clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to individuals in complex litigation related to intellectual property and trademark infringement, employment and corporate restructuring and bankruptcy litigation, as well as general commercial disputes.
- Has also represented companies in the Food industry involving key industry issues including brand protection, advertising and labeling.
- Serves on several community boards and various legal groups and committees, and is active with numerous professional associations.
- Has been Managing Partner of the firm’s Boston office since May, 2004.
- Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP, was a senior associate at a Boston law firm, concentrating in commercial litigation, business and corporate law and litigation.
- Served on Massachusetts Judicial Nominating Commission (2006-2007).
- Vice-Chairman of Board of Governors, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA.
- Was a professional percussionist for a Worcester Orchestra and a private musical group.
Successfully represented President and CEO of a for-profit private College in a partnership dispute arbitration and related litigation resulting in a multi-million dollar purchase of one-hundred percent of LLC membership interest.
Outside General Counsel for leading window manufacturer in various warranty and product liability matters.
Represented Leading U.S. skylight manufacturer in consumer products safety commission matter.
Represented Fortune 100 Company controls manufacturer in wrongful death products liability action.
Great Clips, Inc. v. Hair Cuttery of Greater Boston, L.L.C. and Great Cuts, Inc.: Summary judgment granted to client, Great Clips, Inc., against declaratory judgment defendant Great Cuts which had made claims of trademark infringement following Great Clips’ entry into the New England market. On February 19, 2009, the U.S. District Court of Massachusetts found that a previous settlement agreement barred Great Cuts’ claims. On January 5, 2010, the U.S. Court of Appeals affirmed the previous ruling by the District Court confirming Great Clips’ right to use its trademarked name throughout the United States, including the New England market.
Lead counsel representing multi-national/Fortune 500 company in the defense and dismissal of a patent infringement action.
Co-lead counsel in representation of Fortune 100 company in patent infringement action involving liquid crystal display technology.
Defended Fortune 1000 company in defense of a multi-million dollar litigation, involving employment, healthcare and business litigation claims.
Obtained multi-million dollar exception to discharge in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceeding on behalf of a Commercial Bank from Houston, Texas.
Co-counsel in trial of an architectural malpractice claim on behalf of a major Boston developer resulting in a $1.3 million verdict.
Defended the seller of a major ambulance company in a breach of contract action involving claims in excess of $1 million.
Represented fiduciaries in dismissal of a multi-million dollar estate dispute in Massachusetts Probate and Superior Court.
Represented Boston-based insurance company in dismissal of a multi-million dollar financial claim in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware.
Represented a dental manufacturing company in a multi-million dollar trademark action and resulting adversary proceeding in Chapter 11 proceeding.
General Counsel to Daniel F. Duquette Sports Academy.
United States Counsel to VKR Holdings, f/k/a Velux Corporation.
- Vice Chair of the Board of Governors of Tufts Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts (2009-present)
- Holy Cross Varsity Club in Worcester, Massachusetts, former President and current Treasurer
- Town of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, Chair of Personnel Board
- Holy Cross Diamond Club, Co-Founder
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.