Prior to joining Robins Kaplan, Rashanda Bruce worked in the Minneapolis office of a national law firm, representing clients in a variety of litigation and labor and employment matters. She was also a judicial extern for the Honorable Kate Menendez and the Honorable Sara Grewing. While in law school, Rashanda worked as a student attorney for the Child Protection Clinic and Innocence Clinic. She also served as co-president of the Mitchell Hamline Black Law Students Association, participated in the William E. McGee National Civil Rights Moot Court, and was the administrator and a student member of the Warren E. Burger Inn of Court. Before attending law school, Rashanda worked as a paralegal at Robins Kaplan.
Rashanda has coached cheerleading for over a decade and currently serves as the Program Director and Head Cheerleading Coach for the Apple Valley Elementary and Middle School teams, where she instills and builds confidence and pride in young girls. She is also a co-founder and leadership team member of LOCUS, a meeting ground that provides space and opportunities for authentic community building, identity-driven leadership and resource sharing by and for people of color and indigenous peoples.
Represented Minneapolis choreographer April Sellers who was targeted in a series of defamatory “Open Letters” and other communications attacking her reputation. Serving as an associate on the case, Rashanda assisted with all aspects of trial preparation prior to the case’s favorable verdict totaling $210,000, which included $75,000 in punitive damages. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan)
- Diverse Attorney Pipeline Program (DAPP) Associate Board (2020-present)
- LOCUS, Co-Founder, Leadership Team Member (2014-present)
- Independent School District 196, Apple Valley Elementary & Middle School Program Director, Cheerleading Coach, (2011-present)
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, Housing Court Volunteer (2018-2020)
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, Conciliation Court Volunteer (2019-2020)
- Child Protection Clinic (2017-2018)
- Innocence Clinic (2017-2018)
- Minneapolis Community Education, Youth Cheerleading Instructor (March 2016-May 2016)
- Leaders of Today and Tomorrow, Advisory
- Board Co-Chair, Secretary (2010-2014)
- League of Women Voters of Minnesota, Board of Directors (2011-2013)
- Independent School District 191, Cheerleading Coach (2006-2010)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.