Senator Kyle (AZ) introduced a separate patent reform bill today that is an alternative to Senator Leahy's S. 515. Senator Kyle's bill, S. 610, includes the following:
- Proposes amendments to damages provisions;
- Creates a first-to-file system that preserves a one year grace period for inventor disclosures;
- Institutes post-grant review process including a first and second window;
- Establishes incentives for patent applicants to submit additional information on patentability; and,
- Removes inequitable conduct determinations from the courts and directs the PTO Director to promulgate regulations for assessing allegations of misconduct.
The articles on our Website include some of the publications and papers authored by our attorneys, both before and after they joined our firm. The content of these articles should not be taken as legal advice.