Domestic and International Arbitration
When business-critical agreements requiring arbitration go awry, jobs, reputations, and the bottom line depend on the outcome of the dispute. Our entire practice focuses on resolving our clients’ disputes—and domestic and international arbitration is a cornerstone of that practice. Our arbitration lawyers represent clients in complex domestic arbitrations throughout the United States and in arbitration tribunals throughout the world.
Unlike court proceedings, arbitrations provide few opportunities for resolution through motion practice and frequently proceed to a trial on the merits. In addition, arbitration results are often final and offer only very limited opportunities for appeal. Trial skills are essential to driving successful results in arbitration. We understand how to navigate the written and unwritten rules of domestic and international arbitration forums, and effectively present complex technical issues in ways that deliver results.
Our lawyers often serve as arbitrators in complex disputes administered under a wide variety of domestic and international arbitration rules. We understand the inner workings of the arbitration process and the complex rules that govern the conduct of arbitration.
Our lawyers have decades of experience handling disputes both as advocates and arbitrators under many domestic and international arbitration rules, including:
- The American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- The China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- The International Center for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- The Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (JAMS)
- The National Advertising Division and National Advertising Review Board (NAD/NARB)
- The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)