Mergers and Acquisitions
An acquisition or divestiture will likely have a substantial impact on you and your company's future. We believe that employing a small team of skilled mergers and acquisitions counselors with an understanding of business practicalities and deep experience in structuring and closing deals is the right approach to such high-stakes engagements. Our mergers and acquisitions attorneys have been recognized as leaders in the field, and their decades of experience in complex transactions and sound judgment will help you obtain the best possible outcome.
We routinely counsel clients regarding matters such as:
- Stock purchases, mergers, tender offers, consolidations and exchanges
- Board of directors and board committee fiduciary obligations
- Roll-up transactions
- Sales of subsidiaries and operating divisions
- Hart-Scott-Rodino Act compliance
We represent buyers and sellers in a variety of industries, including public and private companies (both closely-held and venture-backed). We also advise boards of directors, board committees and corporate executives.
Selected Case Results*
Notable representative transactions include:
- Acquisitions by Best Buy of, among others, Future Shop (Canada), Magnolia Hi-Fi, Musicland, Napster and Pacific Sales Kitchen and Bath Centers
- Sale of Golf Galaxy to Dick's Sporting Goods
- Management buy-out of Dental Services Group
- Sales of Recovery Engineering to Procter & Gamble
- Sales of Spearhead Industries to The Paper Magic Group
- Sales of AGS to Primedia
*Past results are reported to provide the reader with an indication of the type of transactions we practice. They do not and should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other transaction, as all transactions are dependent upon their own unique fact situation and applicable law.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.