- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
June 6, 2023Super Lawyers Names Five Attorneys to “Southern California Rising Stars” List
June 1, 2023Chambers USA Recognizes Five Robins Kaplan Practice Groups and 17 Lawyers in 2023 Guide
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
June 9, 2023LGBTQ Legal Services: Transgender Name Change Clinic
June 13, 20232023 Probate and Trust Law Section Conference
June 14, 2023Leading Through Uncertainty
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Mergers and Acquisitions
An acquisition or divestiture will likely have a substantial impact on you and your company's future. We believe that employing a small team of skilled mergers and acquisitions counselors with an understanding of business practicalities and deep experience in structuring and closing deals is the right approach to such high-stakes engagements.
Our mergers and acquisitions attorneys have been recognized as leaders in the field, and their decades of experience in complex transactions and sound judgment will help you obtain the best possible outcome.
We routinely counsel clients regarding matters such as:
- Stock purchases, mergers, tender offers, consolidations and exchanges
- Board of directors and board committee fiduciary obligations
- Roll-up transactions
- Sales of subsidiaries and operating divisions
- Hart-Scott-Rodino Act compliance
We represent buyers and sellers in a variety of industries, including public and private companies (both closely-held and venture-backed). We also advise boards of directors, board committees and corporate executives.
Selected Case Results*
Notable representative transactions include:
- Acquisitions by Best Buy of, among others, Future Shop (Canada), Magnolia Hi-Fi, Musicland, Napster and Pacific Sales Kitchen and Bath Centers
- Sale of Golf Galaxy to Dick's Sporting Goods
- Management buy-out of Dental Services Group
- Sales of Recovery Engineering to Procter & Gamble
- Sales of Spearhead Industries to The Paper Magic Group
- Sales of AGS to Primedia
*Past results are reported to provide the reader with an indication of the type of transactions we practice. They do not and should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other transaction, as all transactions are dependent upon their own unique fact situation and applicable law.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.