- Chair of Mass Tort Litigation Group
- Trial practice focusing on representing individuals harmed by the pharmaceutical and medical device industry
- Court-appointed settlement counsel in Abilify Multi-District Litigation, MDL No. 2734 (N.D.Fl.)
- Tribal Leadership Committee In re: National Prescription Opiate Litigation, MDL No. 2804 (E.D. Ohio)
- Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee and Co-Chair of Plaintiffs’ Science and Expert Committee, Benicar Multi-District Litigation, MDL No. 2606 (D.N.J.)
- Member, Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, New Jersey Consolidated Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Stem and ABGII Modular Hip Stem Litigation.
- Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee and Chair of Plaintiffs’ Science and Expert Committee, Chantix Multi-District Litigation, MDL No. 2092 (N.D.Ala.)
- Lead trial counsel in Mirapex Multi-District Litigation, MDL No. 1836 (D.Minn.)
- Member, Law and Motions Committee, DePuy ASR Multi-District Litigation.
- Member, Science Committee and Discovery Committee, Vioxx Multi-District Litigation.
Member of plaintiffs’ negotiating committee in Benicar litigation that resulted in a settlement fund of $358 million.
Represented clients in the New Jersey Multi-County Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II Modular Hip Stem litigation, including two Plaintiffs who resolved their cases through the NJ Court’s bellwether mediation program. Assisted in developing a global settlement program for both the multi-county litigation and the federal multi-district litigation, a program valued at over $1 billion. Appointed to the settlement negotiation team and will serve as a member of the Plaintiffs’ Settlement Oversight Committee.
Lead counsel in Daubert proceedings in Abilify, Chantix, and Mirapex product liability litigations, successfully defeating defendants’’ challenges to plaintiffs’ scientific experts on causation
Trial Counsel in Charbonneau v. Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Pfizer, Inc. Represented plaintiffs in first Mirapex products liability bellwether trial. On July 30, 2008, jury returned a verdict in favor of plaintiffs for $8,279,300, including $7.8 million in punitive damages for failing to warn of risk of compulsive behaviors, including pathological gambling, from the Parkinson’s drug Mirapex.
Trial Counsel in Zwayer v. Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Pfizer, Inc. Represented plaintiffs in second Mirapex bellwether trial. Case was confidentially settled prior to closing argument.
Confidentially settled more than 280 Mirapex cases represented by Robins Kaplan LLP during Fall of 2008.
Lead trial counsel in first two Chantix MDL bellwether trials; confidentially settled prior to trial, leading to settlement of entire MDL.
Trial counsel, State of Minnesota and Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Minnesota v. Philip Morris, et al. In May 1998, the case settled after a four month trial when Tobacco Companies agreed to pay the State and Blue Cross & Blue Shield more than $6.6 billion.
- Public Justice Foundation, Board of Directors (2010-present), Executive Committee (2012-present), Secretary (2013-2014), Treasurer (2014-2015), Vice President (2015-2016), President-Elect (2016-2017), President (2017-2018), Past President (2018)
- Children's Theatre Company, Board of Governors (2011-present), Development Committee (2012-present), Curtain Call Ball Committee (2013-present), Curtain Call Ball Silent Auction Co-Chair (2015)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.