Businesses and individuals seeks out Rob’s insight and candid guidance in all stages of civil litigation and appeals. Rob’s practice is national in scope with a particular emphasis on complex commercial litigation, intellectual property litigation, financial markets litigation, and insurance-related litigation. He is experienced in the legal complexities associated with all phases of an enterprise’s lifecycle, from creation and governance, through growth, licensing and patent monetization, to merger, acquisition and dissolution. Rob has successfully represented clients in a variety of industries, including software and mobile app development, insurance, telecommunications, healthcare, manufacturing and retail, and consumer products and services.
Rob also has extensive experience in appellate advocacy before the nation’s federal and state appellate courts, where he is known for distilling complex legal issues through focused and persuasive briefs. He has successfully represented clients in appeals involving a range of patent, business, and regulatory issues.
Rob received his J.D., cum laude, from Boston University School of Law, where he was an award-winning national moot court competitor and member of the Boston University International Law Journal. He also studied international intellectual property law at the University of Oxford.
- Don’t Throw Us Away, Inc., Director and Secretary (2013-2021)
- "ComCom Hosts Successful Eighth Annual Commercial Litigation Conference At Suffolk Law," Massachusetts Bar Association (August, 2023)
- "Fiduciary-beneficiary didn’t have to prove lack of undue influence," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (February 24, 2023)
- "Questions Remain On Computer Fraud Coverage For Phishing," Law360 (August 26, 2022)
- "Supreme Judicial Court Holds Limitation Of Liability Provisions Unenforceable For Willful Or Knowing Violations Of Consumer Protection Act," Section Review (May/June 2022)
- "Massachusetts COVID-19 Business Interruption Decisions Stay Consistent with Nationwide Trend While Businesses and Insurers Await Appellate Rulings," Section Review (July/August 2021)
- "Proposed COVID-19 Legislation Thrusts Contract Clause’s Original Purpose Into Spotlight," JD Supra (June 2020)
- "Successor Liability in Asset Sales of Family or Closely Held Businesses," The Robins Kaplan Spotlight, Vol. 4, No. 2 (Summer 2019)
- "SJC Removes Intentional Breach Bar To Quantum Meruit Recovery In Construction Cases," Section Review (November/December 2018)
- "Fifth Circuit: Federal Copyright Statute Preempts State Trade Secret Claims For Ideas Expressed In Tangible Media," ComCom Quarterly (December 2015)
- "Greater Opportunity To Prove Priority Of Invention," Law360 (August 19, 2014)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.