- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
May 17, 2023Minnesota Settles Lawsuit Against JUUL and Altria for $60.5 million
May 16, 2023Robins Kaplan Practice Groups, Attorney Recognized in Elite Trial Lawyers Awards
May 30, 2023ACRELive! MOAC (Mall of America) v. Transform Holdco
June 1, 202313th Annual Disability Justice Seminar
June 5, 2023Proposition 65
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Daniel Allender is a trial attorney who navigates high-stakes disputes across industries, with an emphasis on retail, real estate, and technology companies. Daniel regularly represents both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial and intellectual property matters and complex matters involving property insurance litigation and insurance coverage.
During the pandemic, Daniel served as national coordinating counsel for several public retailers, resolving hundreds of landlord-tenant disputes across the United States for tenants asserting claims for lease termination, rent abatement, and co-tenancy remedies. Daniel’s past cases also include securing a judicial finding of copyright misuse against Disney, on behalf of a defendant accused by the studio of copyright infringement and breach of license. Daniel has also recovered millions for clients in complex partnership disputes and other commercial matters.
Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement for the minority members of a sporting event operator in a dispute over profit distributions.
Secured summary judgment and award of fees and costs enforcing right to exercise option under commercial lease.
Recovered millions in overcharges for a national retailer against a major mall developer.
Prosecuted trade secrets claim on behalf of major food distributor against former partner who launched competing business based on stolen client and distributor lists.
Successfully defended commercial real estate owner against a claim of breach of option agreement in failed transaction valued over $40 million.
- Awarded the Wiley M. Manuel Pro Bono Certificate by the California Lawyers Association for providing at least 50 hours of pro bono legal services (2023)
- Named a "Lawyer on the Fast Track (Under 40)," California Legal Awards (2022)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2023 edition)
- Named a "Southern California Rising Star," Super Lawyers (2018-2022)
- "Pro Bono Award," Public Counsel (2013–2014)
- Public Counsel, Associate Leadership Board Member
- Equality California, Equality Council Member
- Los Angeles LGBT Center, Young Professionals Council Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (2009); Duke Law Journal, Notes Editor (2007–2009)
- Arkansas Tech University, B.A. in History and Political Science, magna cum laude (2006)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Century City Bar Association
- Los Angeles LGBT Bar Association
- One Year…And Counting: A Review Of Covid-19 Court Decisions Impacting Retail Leases
NRTA Webinar (March 25, 2021)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.