A versatile attorney, Manleen is committed to understanding the business of her clients and helping them achieve their goals. She advises businesses of all sizes on all facets of corporate transactional law, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial leasing, international transactions, contract drafting and negotiation, corporate formation, and general business counseling. Manleen represents clients in a variety of sectors, including retail, food and beverage and manufacturing. She carefully manages multimillion dollar acquisitions, commercial real estate transactions and general corporate governance issues to put her clients and their businesses in the best position to be successful.
In addition, Manleen is a skilled litigator, offering her clients a competitive advantage by spotting issues and helping to resolve them pre-suit. If it cannot be resolved out of court, she has experience litigating disputes in many areas including fraud, consumer protection, contractual disputes, conversion of corporate assets and trade secrets.
Manleen is dedicated to her diverse pro bono practice, which includes religious employment discrimination and applications for minor immigrant clients to receive Special Immigrant Juvenile Status. Manleen currently is investigating a labor trafficking claim on behalf of a group of immigrant farm workers. She also serves as Vice-Chair of the Board of RIA, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to standing with and supporting women in Massachusetts with experience in the commercial sex trade and its associated exploitation, trafficking and prostitution, by providing a range of community-based services.
- Sale of two affiliated apartment facilities in California for a combined purchase price of over $41 million
- Leader on a team representing a cooperative organization in securing three adjacent parcels of land totaling 80 acres for their $90 million development of a new warehouse and distribution facility
- Key member of a lean team serving as enterprise counsel for an electronics manufacturing firm for all of their commercial leasing work nationwide, in addition to purchase and sale transactions and sale/leaseback transactions; the leasing work comprises an estimated $150 million in annual lease transactions covering millions of square feet of leased space
- Key member of a team that sold 3 high value boutique hotel properties and one valuable development site in Manhattan out of bankruptcy for a combined purchase price of $230 million
- Key member of a team that sold a golf club for $12 million in New England
- Closed an equity sale of an online fashion retail company in a highly complex $54 million transaction, involving tax and structural issues, pre-closing mergers and restructurings, and rollover stock issues.
- Closed the sale of an entrepreneur’s food company to a private equity firm in a $108 million equity sale transaction
- Closed a $15 million asset acquisition for a skylight company, enabling the company to expand into a new market
- Board Member, RIA, Inc.
- "Legal Strategies For ESG Initiatives," JDSupra (October 3, 2022)
- "Commercial Leases and Staying Out of Court," Bloomberg Law (August 18, 2022)
- "INSIGHT: Mentoring Diverse Attorneys During the Pandemic," Bloomberg Tax (May 6, 2020)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.