- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
June 6, 2023Super Lawyers Names Five Attorneys to “Southern California Rising Stars” List
June 1, 2023Chambers USA Recognizes Five Robins Kaplan Practice Groups and 17 Lawyers in 2023 Guide
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
June 9, 2023LGBTQ Legal Services: Transgender Name Change Clinic
June 13, 20232023 Probate and Trust Law Section Conference
June 14, 2023Leading Through Uncertainty
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
A versatile attorney, Manleen is committed to understanding the business of her clients and helping them achieve their goals. She advises businesses of all sizes on all facets of corporate transactional law, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial leasing, international transactions, contract drafting and negotiation, corporate formation, and general business counseling. Manleen represents clients in a variety of sectors, including retail, food and beverage and manufacturing. She carefully manages multimillion dollar acquisitions, commercial real estate transactions and general corporate governance issues to put her clients and their businesses in the best position to be successful.
In addition, Manleen is a skilled litigator, offering her clients a competitive advantage by spotting issues and helping to resolve them pre-suit. If it cannot be resolved out of court, she has experience litigating disputes in many areas including fraud, consumer protection, contractual disputes, conversion of corporate assets and trade secrets.
Manleen is dedicated to her diverse pro bono practice, which includes religious employment discrimination and applications for minor immigrant clients to receive Special Immigrant Juvenile Status. Manleen currently is investigating a labor trafficking claim on behalf of a group of immigrant farm workers. She also serves as Vice-Chair of the Board of RIA, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to standing with and supporting women in Massachusetts with experience in the commercial sex trade and its associated exploitation, trafficking and prostitution, by providing a range of community-based services.
- Sale of two affiliated apartment facilities in California for a combined purchase price of over $41 million
- Leader on a team representing a cooperative organization in securing three adjacent parcels of land totaling 80 acres for their $90 million development of a new warehouse and distribution facility
- Key member of a lean team serving as enterprise counsel for an electronics manufacturing firm for all of their commercial leasing work nationwide, in addition to purchase and sale transactions and sale/leaseback transactions; the leasing work comprises an estimated $150 million in annual lease transactions covering millions of square feet of leased space
- Key member of a team that sold 3 high value boutique hotel properties and one valuable development site in Manhattan out of bankruptcy for a combined purchase price of $230 million
- Key member of a team that sold a golf club for $12 million in New England
- Closed an equity sale of an online fashion retail company in a highly complex $54 million transaction, involving tax and structural issues, pre-closing mergers and restructurings, and rollover stock issues.
- Closed the sale of an entrepreneur’s food company to a private equity firm in a $108 million equity sale transaction
- Closed a $15 million asset acquisition for a skylight company, enabling the company to expand into a new market
- Named a "Massachusetts Super Lawyer," Super Lawyers (2022)
- Named a "Top Woman of Law," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (2022)
- Named a "Massachusetts Rising Star," Super Lawyers (2014-2019)
- Named “Empire State Counsel” by the New York State Bar Association, for dedication to pro bono work (2010)
- Board Member, RIA, Inc.
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York Law School, J.D., magna cum laude; New York Law School Law Review, Associate Editor
- Boston University, B.A. in English and Psychology, magna cum laude
- Boston Bar Foundation, Trustee (Serving a six-year term which began in 2021)
- "Legal Strategies For ESG Initiatives," JDSupra (October 3, 2022)
- "Commercial Leases and Staying Out of Court," Bloomberg Law (August 18, 2022)
- "INSIGHT: Mentoring Diverse Attorneys During the Pandemic," Bloomberg Tax (May 6, 2020)
- How to Mentor Remotely: The 60 Minute Lawyer
Speaker, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Webinar (March 4, 2021)
- Job Hunting & e-Networking During a Pandemic
Panelist, South Asian Bar Association Greater Boston, Webinar (July 29, 2020)
- Representations of Wealth Planning and Conflict in Film and Literature: What Can We Learn from Such Depictions?
Robins Kaplan LLP Wealth Planning, Administration, and Disputes Annual CLE, Webinar (October 7, 2020)
- The Attorney Client Relationship
Massachusetts Bar Association, Boston, Massachusetts (July 16, 2015)
- Strategic Considerations About Attorney-Client Privilege In Corporate Investigations
Robins Kaplan LLP Webinar (January 6, 2015)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.