- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
June 6, 2023Super Lawyers Names Five Attorneys to “Southern California Rising Stars” List
June 1, 2023Chambers USA Recognizes Five Robins Kaplan Practice Groups and 17 Lawyers in 2023 Guide
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
June 9, 2023LGBTQ Legal Services: Transgender Name Change Clinic
June 13, 20232023 Probate and Trust Law Section Conference
June 14, 2023Leading Through Uncertainty
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Jason R. Fair
Co-Chair, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Mr. Fair is a business trial attorney. He counsels his clients through all aspects of business disputes and represents his clients in all forms of dispute resolution, including State, Federal and private venues. He strives to solve complex corporate fiduciary and shareholder disputes efficiently, but he brings his extensive trial experience with corporate removal, appraisals and buyouts to those discussions. He also represents clients in trial matters involving the fields of real estate development and acquisition, commercial warehouse and logistics, offshore oil bonds, equipment financing, and agricultural contracts.
Mr. Fair also handles high-value and industry-critical matters in the construction, fidelity, and surety fields. He guides and counsels general contractors, subcontractors, owner/developers, and sureties through complex default scenarios and he applies pragmatic and cost-effective strategies to mitigate losses and complete troubled projects. He is experienced in handling Federal, State, and private construction projects, including issues ranging from bidding processes and protests to general delay, productivity, and efficiency claims, as well as termination, takeover, and completion agreements and surety financing agreements. He is also admitted to the Federal Court of Claims to counsel clients through payment disputes with the Federal Government.
Mr. Fair actively represents clients on a pro bono basis. He frequently partners with outside agencies to protect the rights of impoverished, abused, and neglected children and youth by providing free legal services and advocacy with the goal of ensuring they have safe, stable homes, healthcare, and the education these individuals need to thrive.
Mr. Fair has been named to Super Lawyers’ list of Southern California Rising Stars every year since 2016. In 2021, he was named to Law360’s Construction Editorial Advisory Board, a role in which he provides thought leadership to Law360’s section editors covering events in the construction industry.
- Named to Law360's Construction Editorial Advisory Board (2021)
- Selected to the “Southern California Rising Stars” list by Super Lawyers (2016-2022)
- “Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services,” California State Bar (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Loyola Law School, J.D., St. Thomas More Law Honor Society
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
- ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
- Century City Bar Association
- National Bond Claims Associations, Member
- Pearlman Group, Member
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Assessing Credit, Leverage, and Assets
ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice FSLC Midwinter Conference, New York, NY (January 30, 2020)
- Lost Productivity Calculation and Proof
Pearlman Association, Seattle, Washington (September 5, 2018)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.