- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
June 6, 2023Super Lawyers Names Five Attorneys to “Southern California Rising Stars” List
June 1, 2023Chambers USA Recognizes Five Robins Kaplan Practice Groups and 17 Lawyers in 2023 Guide
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
June 9, 2023LGBTQ Legal Services: Transgender Name Change Clinic
June 13, 20232023 Probate and Trust Law Section Conference
June 14, 2023Leading Through Uncertainty
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Joseph (Yu) Chen, Ph.D.
Science Advisor and Technical Consultant Manager
A science advisor with acute understanding in various fields of physics, computer science, and electrical engineering, Dr. Joseph (Yu) Chen provides insightful analysis of the scientific and technological aspects of many of Robins Kaplan’s most complex intellectual property cases. His extensive knowledge in various engineering fields and deep experience in technology evaluation enables him to provide detailed and astute analysis of the various phases of cases involving patent evaluation, patent litigation, and trademark infringement.
Prior to joining Robins Kaplan, Dr. Chen performed extensive study and research in various scientific and engineering fields, including optical communication devices, digital and analog circuitry design, biomedical device design and others. Dr. Chen received his doctoral degree in electrical engineering from the University of Minnesota Twin Cities with more than 10 peer review publications.
As a member of the Science Advisor Group, Dr. Chen is actively involved in cases with various technologies, such as wireless communication, software, analog voltage regulators, touch screens, semiconductor fabrication, and other technologies. His extensive understanding of electrical engineering enables intellectual property case teams to quickly and accurately grasp even the most complex technology.
- Named an “Unsung Legal Hero,” Minnesota Lawyer (2022)
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (2014)
- Wuhan University, M.S. in Electrical Engineering (2009)
- Wuhan University, B.S. in Electrical Engineering (2007)
- Attorney at Law Magazine, "Robins Kaplan: Placing Tech at the Forefront of Law," (September 3, 2021)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.