- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
June 6, 2023Super Lawyers Names Five Attorneys to “Southern California Rising Stars” List
June 1, 2023Chambers USA Recognizes Five Robins Kaplan Practice Groups and 17 Lawyers in 2023 Guide
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
June 9, 2023LGBTQ Legal Services: Transgender Name Change Clinic
June 13, 20232023 Probate and Trust Law Section Conference
June 14, 2023Leading Through Uncertainty
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Haynes Hansen practices complex civil litigation involving issues of alleged fraud and breach of contract.
Before joining Robins Kaplan, Haynes served as a law clerk for the Honorable Diane B. Bratvold on the Minnesota Court of Appeals. His work there involved providing detailed research and advice on issues ranging from civil litigation to criminal appeals.
Haynes attended the University of Minnesota Law School, where he was the lead articles editor for the Minnesota Law Review. He also served as the student director of the University of Minnesota Consumer Protection Clinic, where he represented clients in a wide range of contractual and consumer protection issues.
- Represented Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Missouri and other Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in litigation against defendants who conspired to defraud the healthcare insurers through utilization of a laboratory pass-through billing scheme. The defendants and their co-conspirators took control of a Critical Access Hospital in Unionville, MO called Putnam County Memorial Hospital, and used the hospital to bill our clients $18 million for lab tests performed by their laboratory in Colorado. By billing the tests through the hospital, they obtained substantially inflated reimbursements. Robins Kaplan secured a jury verdict for compensatory and punitive damages totaling $25.6 million.
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by the Minnesota State Bar Association for providing at least 50 hours of pro bono legal services (2022)
- Named "Attorney of the Year," Minnesota Lawyer (2021)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude (2017); Lead Articles Editor, Minnesota Law Review (2016-2017)
- University of Minnesota, B.S. in Political Science (2013); graduated with high honors
- Ramsey County Bar Association
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.