- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
May 17, 2023Minnesota Settles Lawsuit Against JUUL and Altria for $60.5 million
May 16, 2023Robins Kaplan Practice Groups, Attorney Recognized in Elite Trial Lawyers Awards
May 30, 2023ACRELive! MOAC (Mall of America) v. Transform Holdco
June 1, 202313th Annual Disability Justice Seminar
June 5, 2023Proposition 65
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Pamela Berman has devoted more than 30 years to the practice of commercial litigation both in Boston and across the East Coast. She focuses her practice on a broad range of business disputes, including real estate litigation, contract disputes, employment litigation, securities litigation, including the representation of broker-dealers, and defending clients in government investigations in the healthcare, financial and other industries.
Clients know Pam to be responsive, quick on her feet, and methodical, carefully planning each case from the outset and reacting quickly when circumstances require a change of strategy. An experienced trial lawyer, Pam thrives in the courtroom.
Driven by an interest in expanding her own horizons and taking on new challenges, Pam has developed a deep working knowledge of many industries and the technologies that serve them. Her case history includes clients in health and life sciences; the financial industry, including banking and securities; manufacturing; and real estate.
In addition to her work as a litigator, Pam is involved in several community and professional organizations. She is the vice president of the Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus, an Emeritus Board member of the Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts, and a member of the Advisory Committee for Judicial Nominations to Boston Federal Court.
Obtained directed verdict in jury trial of alleged fraud in connection with commercial sale of real estate. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
Defended and obtained acquittal of Shearson Lehman Brothers in a money laundering case after a six-week jury trial. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
Defended and after trial obtained a judgment in favor of company in a case involving claims of fraud in a public offering. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
Drafted, argued, and obtained injunctive relief for many commercial clients in a wide variety of disputes, including non-competition, trade secret, brokerage and financial issues, trademark infringement, and dissipation of assets. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
Enforcement of non-solicitation covenants for major brokerage house. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
Managed and defended over 100 bad faith claims against insurance companies attaining favorable outcomes through aggressive litigation and persuasive negotiation. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
Defended insurance company and obtained favorable result in major environmental coverage litigation involving more than 40 sites worldwide and more than 25 years of contested coverage. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2020-2023 editions)
- “Lelia J. Robinson Award,” Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts (2014)
- “Circle of Excellence Award,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (2013)
- “Women of Justice Award,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (2008)
- Named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers (2004-2022)
- Named to the “Top 50 Women Massachusetts Super Lawyers,” Super Lawyers (2008-2021)
- Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus, President
- Cornell Law School, J.D.
- Wells College, magna cum laude, distinction in the field of history/public policy, phi beta kappa, B.A.
- Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts, Emeritus Board
- Advisory Committee for Judicial Nominations, Federal Court, Boston (2013-Present)
- How To Tame The Beast: Managing Outside Litigation Counsel
Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts, Webinar (November 10, 2022)
- Testimony in Support of an Act Supporting Parents Running for Office
Testimony on behalf of the Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus as its President, Massachusetts Joint Committee on Elections (May 15, 2019)
- Target Success
Panel Discussion, Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts (May 20, 2014)
- Video Leadership Seminars: Litigation Strategies for the Settlement & Negotiation of Non-Competition Employment Disputes
Reed Logic Studios, Boston, Massachusetts (November 1, 2006)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.