- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
March 16, 2023Second Circuit Affirms Record $5.6 Billion Recovery in Antitrust Case
March 10, 2023Robins Kaplan Announces $28 Million Settlement in Case Against For-Profit College’s Directors & Officers
March 9, 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Launches New Professional Development Program
March 19-22, 2023PLRB 2023 Claims Conference
March 29-30, 2023ACI Managed Care Disputes and Litigation
April 3, 2023Conference of Tribal Lending Commissioners
March 13, 2023The Antitrust Case that Could Reshape Professional Golf
February 22, 2023A World Without Noncompetes: Protecting Confidential Information and Trade Secrets
February 7, 2023When Monkey Business Slips Into Trademark Infringement
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Appraisal and Reference
At Robins Kaplan LLP, our appraisal and reference attorneys have a long history of helping insurers quickly and efficiently resolve measurement disputes. Experienced in a wide range of issues, our appraisal and reference lawyers have served as counsel, appraisers, and umpires in disputes regarding real property, personal property, machinery and equipment, and business-interruption losses. Rejecting the trend toward escalating the conflict, our attorneys strive to avoid litigation and achieve a reasonable and cost-effective determination of the amount of loss through appraisal or reference for our clients. Our efficiencies include a multi-industry network of potential panel members and on-site, state-of-the-art facilities for hosting hearings. No matter the complexity of the loss or the amount in dispute, we partner with clients to understand their exposure, define their goals, and deliver efficient outcomes.
Selected Case Results*
- World Trade Center: Represented two insurers in the multi-party dispute regarding the cost to rebuild the World Trade Center after the terrorist attack of September 11, 2001.
- Flood Damage to Inventory: Served as umpire and party referee in multiple disputes involving flood or weather damage to surplus inventory.
- Windstorm Damage to School: Represented insurer in dispute involving cost to repair a tornado damaged school and the required code improvements.
- Condominium and Apartment Damage: Served as umpire and party referee in multiple disputes involving fire damage to condominium and apartment complexes.
* Past results are reported to provide the reader with an indication of the type of litigation in which we practice and does not and should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other case as all cases are dependent upon their own unique fact situation and applicable law.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.