Real Estate Litigation
At Robins Kaplan LLP, our real estate litigation attorneys take pride in our trial experience, vast industry knowledge, ability to present complex transactions in an understandable manner, and focused dedication to all real estate litigation matters. This dynamic combination of skills powers our attorneys' success and delivers the best result possible to our clients—especially at trial.
Our experience on both sides of the courtroom, in all types of real estate litigation, furthers our ability to analyze the complex facts and circumstances that arise in real estate related disputes. Additionally, our extensive experience and familiarity with multiple facets of the local and national real estate community enable us to provide important insights to clients facing insolvency and debt restructuring matters, helping them choose and meet their specific legal objectives in challenging economic times. Additionally, we use Legal Project Management (LPM) and OneBudget® software programs—our proprietary suite of LPM tools—to provide budget certainty, transparency, and clear case communication. We also built an in-house Ediscovery practice group that combines proven tools and tactics to lower our clients’ Ediscovery costs and risks.
The successes of our real estate litigation lawyers include disputes pertaining to:
- Brokerage and Contractor Licensing
- Brokerage Commissions
- Technical Development
- Construction Obligations
Clients and Industries
Your real estate attorney needs to understand the specific issues unique to your business. Our attorneys have successfully litigated major real estate cases for a diverse variety of clients. Each real estate lawyer in our group focuses on developing and implementing an efficient litigation strategy tailored to each client’s specific needs and unique circumstances. We litigate and try cases in any region of the United States for:
- Commercial Tenants
Selected Case Results*
- Successfully represented a hotel land developer and its principals in litigation against one of the largest private equity firms on the west coast alleging claims related to underfunding of the project and fraud as well as successfully defending the clients against breach of contract and alter ego claims asserted by the private equity firm.
- Obtained summary judgment in lease dispute arising out of developer's failure to construct premises.
- Obtained summary adjudication and injunction in lease dispute relating to interpretation of cap on common area maintenance (CAM) charges / tenant's share of operating expenses.
- Secured termination of shopping center lease at trial related to landlord’s failure to satisfy opening co-tenancy condition and implied contract terms related to development of premises according to Site Plan.
* Past results are reported to provide the reader with an indication of the type of litigation we practice. They do not and should not be construed to create an expectation of result in any other case, as all cases are dependent upon their own unique fact situation and applicable law.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.