Legal Counseling and Compliance
As Benjamin Franklin counseled, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” The Robins Kaplan Antitrust and Trade Regulation Group offers practical and cost-effective solutions to help companies grow their businesses while minimizing the risk of antitrust violations.
We provide our clients with sensible advice in evaluating the antitrust risks associated with proposed competitor collaborations, horizontal and vertical restraints, and other business conduct. We do so by understanding the business strategies of our clients and becoming strategic partners with them.
Given the potentially crippling costs of an antitrust enforcement action and follow-on lawsuits, and the relatively small expense of consultation and/or implementation of a compliance program, the choice should be clear. We offer clients a full range of antitrust counseling services, including but not limited to:
- Horizontal conduct issues, including competitor contacts and collaborations;
- Vertical pricing arrangements, including resale price maintenance, price advertising, and price discrimination;
- Refusals to deal;
- Joint ventures;
- Licensing and contractual restraints;
- Intellectual property issues, including but not limited to: Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (“REMS”), settlement and licensing agreements, joint ventures, and acquisitions; and
- Employee training and compliance programs specifically tailored to meet our clients’ unique business needs and challenges.
Co-Chair, Antitrust and Trade Regulation Group
Deputy Chair, Business Litigation Group
Member of the Executive Board
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.