Financial and Economic Consultants
Our Financial and Economic Consultants assist your legal team in addressing the myriad of financial, accounting and economic issues that arise in complex litigation. Robins Kaplan LLP offers the value and advantages of in-house financial, accounting and economic professionals to more effectively and efficiently serve you - our clients. The group is comprised of CPAs, MBAs and economists who provide a wide range of quantitative assessments and analyses which arise in many phases of litigation.
What Do We Do
Very simply - we make numbers talk! We assist the attorneys to fully understand and formulate appropriate strategies to deal with the financial, accounting and economic issues of your case.
The Financial and Economic Consultants provide quantitative assessments and analyses in all phases of complex litigation including:
- Analysis of pre-suit economic losses and potential damages;
- Assistance with document requests from adverse parties;
- Review and interpretation of financial documents, accounting records and other economic discovery;
- Analysis of capital markets and securities information;
- Assistance in drafting technical and factual financial content of various motions;
- Assistance in developing interrogatory responses and lines of examination for depositions;
- Critique damage expert reports and supporting experts; and
- Calculation of ranges of damages for mediation/settlement.
Why In-house Consultants
Robins Kaplan LLP recognizes that maintaining a group of in-house financial, accounting and economic consultants provides our attorneys the ability to quickly tap the knowledge of a team of experienced individuals. Our firm regularly involves the Financial and Economic Consultants early in the litigation process when the strategic foundation of cases is developed. This enhances our litigation services and provides an effective cost strategy to better prepare and understand the financial, accounting and economic issues of your case.
Which Practice Areas
The Financial and Economic Consultants provide assistance in many practice areas. For example, some select areas include:
- Financial Markets Litigation - Analyzing and interpreting the financial markets and their products;
- Intellectual Property Litigation - Analyzing accounting and other financial information for development of reasonable royalties;
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation - Reviewing the economic markets and assessing the information to develop the "but-for" pricing and market share;
- Business Litigation/Mass Tort - Reviewing and analyzing accounting and other financial information for development of lost profits or personal losses.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.