Benchmark Litigation Names Robins Kaplan 2023 Minnesota Law Firm of the Year
March 22, 2023
Robins Kaplan LLP is pleased to announce that it has been named Minnesota Law Firm of the Year by Benchmark Litigation in its 2023 U.S. Awards. These awards recognize the country’s most distinguished litigators and their firms for their exemplary work from the research period spanning April 2021 to April 2022.
Some of the firm’s most notable results during that period include:
- On behalf of 28 Tribal Nations, reached $589 million in total proposed settlements in the national multidistrict litigation against major opioid distributors AmerisourceBergen Corp., McKesson Corp., and Cardinal Health, Inc. and manufacturer Johnson & Johnson. In fall 2022, Robins Kaplan announced further settlements with Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Endo, and Allergan that will provide hundreds of millions in additional compensation to reservation communities across the nation;
- On behalf of U.S. contact lens purchasers, along with co-lead counsel, reached settlements totaling $75 million against Johnson & Johnson and Alcon—the final defendants in an expansive antitrust class action against the four dominant manufacturers and the largest nationwide distributor of contact lenses—bringing total settlements to $118 million;
- On behalf of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Missouri and other Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, secured a $25.6 million jury verdict against defendants who conspired to defraud the healthcare insurers through utilization of a laboratory pass-through billing scheme;
- On behalf of Collegium, reached a first-of-its-kind decision at the PTAB that overcame an effort by Purdue to leverage a bankruptcy stay and invalidating a Purdue-owned patent related to oxycodone for lack of written description and anticipation;
- On behalf of indirect purchasers, reached a settlement worth up to $28 million in an antitrust class action alleging that Martin Shkreli and his former companies illegally monopolized the market for Daraprim—a once-affordable, life-saving drug, whose price increased by more than 4,000 percent under Shkreli’s leadership; and
- On behalf of consumer plaintiffs, along with co-lead counsel, reached a settlement in a putative class action against meal kit delivery company HelloFresh for alleged violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) totaling $14 million, the largest in Massachusetts state history for cases arising under TCPA.
Partner Christopher Larus, who was shortlisted for Intellectual Property Litigator of the Year, accepted the award on behalf of the firm.
View all honorees at the 2023 Benchmark Litigation U.S. Awards here.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.