- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
March 30, 2023Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison and Robins Kaplan Partner Tara Sutton Give Opening Statements in Minnesota’s Lawsuit Against JUUL
March 28, 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Announces 2023 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellow and Pathfinder
March 22, 2023Benchmark Litigation Names Robins Kaplan 2023 Minnesota Law Firm of the Year
April 3, 2023Conference of Tribal Lending Commissioners
April 11-13, 2023Mass Torts Made Perfect Seminar
April 19, 2023FBA Women in MDL, Mass and Class Leadership
March 2023Unintended Consequences of Banning Noncompete Agreements
March 26, 2023What I’ll Be Watching for in the Amgen Oral Arguments
March 2023How an Investor Can Lose More Than Just Their Investment
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Congnan Zhan, Ph.D.
Senior Economic Consultant / Data Scientist
Congnan Zhan is a Ph.D. economist with experience in the areas of antitrust, competition, and intellectual property economics.
As an economic consultant at Robins Kaplan, Dr. Zhan evaluates the economic aspects of antitrust matters, providing analyses on competitive issues for price-fixing and monopolization cases across a variety of retail and manufacturing industries. She has also estimated antitrust damages for settlements and provided support documents for use at trial and other proceedings for high-profile clients, including Best Buy, IKEA, and a substantial class of auto parts purchasers. In addition to her antitrust work, she evaluates damages for intellectual property infringement and identifies the intrinsic values of patents using economic theories and statistical learning methods.
Dr. Zhan has accumulated extensive experience conducting big data analyses, beginning in graduate school and continuing through her present consulting practice. She is proficient in analyzing and synthesizing large datasets for various purposes, including estimating demand curves and prices, valuing settlements, and pinpointing valuable patents
Prior to joining the firm, Dr. Zhan studied at North Carolina State University, where she earned her Ph.D. in economics. At NC State, her graduate studies focused on topics in empirical industrial organization: her primary research employed discrete choice models and state-of-art optimization methods to analyze price discrimination in health-food products. Dr. Zhan also assisted with several research projects concerning energy efficiency at the Climate Change Policy Partnership with Duke University and the North Carolina Solar Center. As a graduate student, she taught courses on the fundamentals of economics for three years.
Born and raised in Beijing, Dr. Zhan received her B.A. in international economics and trade from Beijing Technology and Business University. Mandarin Chinese is her native language.
- North Carolina State University, Ph.D. in Economics (2012); Dissertation: “Essays on Empirical Analysis of Price Discrimination”
- North Carolina State University, M.A. in Economics (2008)
- Beijing Technology and Business University, B.A. in International Economics and Trade (2006)
- The American Economic Association (AEA)
- The Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA)
- Attorney at Law Magazine, "Robins Kaplan: Placing Tech at the Forefront of Law," (September 3, 2021)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.