- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
June 6, 2023Super Lawyers Names Five Attorneys to “Southern California Rising Stars” List
June 1, 2023Chambers USA Recognizes Five Robins Kaplan Practice Groups and 17 Lawyers in 2023 Guide
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
June 9, 2023LGBTQ Legal Services: Transgender Name Change Clinic
June 13, 20232023 Probate and Trust Law Section Conference
June 14, 2023Leading Through Uncertainty
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Kimberly D. Whitfield
Kimberly Whitfield is a litigation attorney in the firm’s Insurance and Catastrophic Loss Group. She is experienced in handling complex litigation matters involving property insurance coverage, including business interruption coverage and the defense of bad faith claims.
Ms. Whitfield has experience and a current focus in litigation discovery and trial preparation. This includes critical tasks related to fact discovery and development, document review and production, review and protection of privileged and confidential materials, and deposition preparation.
Ms. Whitfield has litigated a wide range of cases, including labor and employment, unfair business practices, product liability, and general business disputes.
Prior to joining the Insurance and Catastrophic Loss Group, Ms. Whitfield gained experience as a discovery attorney for large law firms, leading document review teams in pharmaceutical and residential mortgage-backed securities litigation.
- Pro bono representation of Eritrean asylee in immigration proceedings placed by Human Rights First
- Case screening and evaluation for Midwest Innocence Project
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Whittier Law School, J.D., magna cum laude (2000); Whittier Law Review (1998-2000)
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A. (1994)
- Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (BWL)
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (WLALA)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.