- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
May 17, 2023Minnesota Settles Lawsuit Against JUUL and Altria for $60.5 million
May 16, 2023Robins Kaplan Practice Groups, Attorney Recognized in Elite Trial Lawyers Awards
May 30, 2023ACRELive! MOAC (Mall of America) v. Transform Holdco
June 1, 202313th Annual Disability Justice Seminar
June 5, 2023Proposition 65
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Erica A. Ramsey
For over 10 years, Erica has managed high stakes litigation involving serious personal injury, wrongful death and property damage. She has handled cases involving building collapses, gas explosions, fires, hurricanes, pipeline failures and exposures to radioactive materials. Erica previously worked as national counsel defending manufacturers of medical equipment and consumer goods in tort claims and contract disputes filed across the country. She currently practices in the firm’s national Business Litigation Group, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in cases nationwide involving product liability issues, construction defect claims, contractual disputes, and consumer fraud allegations.
Erica has a growing practice applying her expertise to clients in the insurance industry, representing insurers in coverage and bad faith litigation and providing coverage advice.
Erica’s local practice includes representing individuals who have suffered serious injuries due to another party’s negligence in medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Her experience as defense counsel gives her a unique perspective on the claimant’s side, and Erica works closely with the firm’s medical professionals to quickly evaluate complex medical issues and treatment options.
Through her experience, Erica has become adept at working effectively with experts from diverse technical backgrounds. She is able to get up to speed quickly and jump into new industries and technologies to advise clients on rapidly developing industries. When claims do evolve into litigation, Erica has a specific focus on efficient management of pre-trial discovery and early case resolution.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (2022 edition)
- South Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, District of South Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D. with certificate in Advocacy, Order of the Coif (2010); Kansas Law Review, Associate Editor (2009–2010), Staff Member (2008–2009)
- University of South Dakota, B.S. in Criminal Justice and Psychology, magna cum laude (2006)
- Association of Women Lawyers
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.