Michael Pacelli is a commercial litigator who represents both individuals and corporations in a wide range of legal disputes, including fraud, breach of contract, and consumer protection issues. He has found success in his legal practice through hard work, tenacity, and never taking “no” for an answer.
Prior to joining Robins Kaplan, Michael worked his way up from law clerk to legal assistant in a small plaintiffs firm in San Francisco. Michael obtained his Juris Doctor from the Georgetown University Law Center, where he served as a Notes Editor for the Georgetown Law Journal. Michael also attended the University of California at Berkeley for his undergraduate degree, majoring in Political Science and English.
- Yoakum, et al. v. Genuine Parts Company, et al. (W.D. Mo.): Serving as lead defense counsel, reached a favorable global settlement resolving a nationwide consumer class action against Genuine Parts Company (commonly known as NAPA Auto Parts). Plaintiffs challenged the labeling and marketing of various economy brands of tractor hydraulic fluid, which defendants were marketing for use in older tractors and other agricultural equipment.
- Represents cattle ranchers in an antitrust suit against various meat packers regarding the alleged suppression of the price of fed cattle. In re Cattle Antitrust Litigation, 19-cv-01222 (D. Minn.).
- Represents consumers in a class action against various vehicle manufactures related to the alleged installation of defective airbags. In Re: ZF-TRW Airbag Control Units Products Liability Litigation, 19-ml-02905 (C.D. Cal.).
- Represents consumers in a class action against car seat manufacturers related to the alleged sale of defective booster seats. Carder v. Graco Children's Products, Inc. et al., 20-cv-00137 (N.D. Ga.).
- Represents consumers in a class action against vehicle manufacturer regarding alleged sales of vehicles with defective EGR coolers. Crawford v. FCA US LLC, 20-cv-12341 (E.D. Mich.).
- Represents a Fortune 500 company in an antitrust suit against various financial institutions related to the purchasing of products tied to the BBA LIBOR benchmark. In re LIBOR-Based Financial Instruments Antitrust Litig., 11 MD 2262 (S.D.N.Y.).
- Represents a consumer and used car dealer class in suit against Fiat Chrysler and Bosch related to installation of an emissions cheating device in over one hundred thousand EcoDiesel® vehicles. In re: Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep EcoDiesel Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, No. 3:17-md-02777 (N.D. Cal.).
- Represents financial institutions in class action suit against Equifax Inc. and Equifax Information Services LLC related to the Equifax Data Breach. In re: Equifax Inc. Consumer Data Security Breach Litigation, No. 1:17-md-2800 (N.D. Ga.).
- Tubman Family Crisis & Support Services
- Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid Citizenship Workshop
- Veterans' Legal Clinic
- Jeremiah Project Pro Bono Legal Clinic
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.