Jessica Pettit represents clients ranging from large corporations to individuals in high value and mission critical commercial and business litigation matters, including real estate disputes, construction defect cases, trade secret disputes, investment disputes, breach of contract cases, and defamation matters. Her clients range from investors with interests in real estate development and emerging businesses to companies with established household names faced with litigation over key contracts and protection of their brand and trade secrets.
Jessica has significant litigation experience, from pre-litigation strategy through every aspect of a case, including trial and appeal. Jessica has secured successful results on behalf of defendants at the pleadings stage to leverage favorable settlements. She has experience in all stages of complex class action defense litigation. She has also handled appeals, having represented clients in cases where motion victories at the trial court were affirmed on appeal.
Jessica has represented clients in California state courts, appellate courts, and numerous federal courts.
Jessica also utilizes her experience and resolute advocacy on behalf of pro bono clients. She previously clerked for the Honorable Jennifer W. Elrod on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Secured dismissal of a defamation claim with minimal business disruption through successful anti-SLAPP filing. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
- Secured a favorable settlement in a multi-party complex construction case. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
- Litigated on behalf of a client who was defending a negligence and fraud claim, with alleged damages of $20 million. After securing dismissal of allegations for punitive damages from the plaintiff’s complaint, favorably settled the case. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
- Achieved summary judgment on behalf of a client facing fraud claims. The dismissal was affirmed on appeal. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
- Secured dismissal of negligence and fraud allegations at the pleadings stage on behalf of an entertainment company that was affirmed on appeal. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.