- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
May 17, 2023Minnesota Settles Lawsuit Against JUUL and Altria for $60.5 million
May 16, 2023Robins Kaplan Practice Groups, Attorney Recognized in Elite Trial Lawyers Awards
May 30, 2023ACRELive! MOAC (Mall of America) v. Transform Holdco
June 1, 202313th Annual Disability Justice Seminar
June 5, 2023Proposition 65
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Laura Lee is a pragmatic, business-minded attorney. That business acumen stems from Ms. Lee’s experience as a prominent entertainment business executive. In fact, Ms. Lee was at the helm of the distribution team for some of America’s biggest brands—Hallmark Channel and E! Entertainment Television—and an officer at a public company.
Her experience includes the licensing and distribution of television networks and programing content across a variety of platforms and negotiating technology contracts with global media companies such as Apple, Netflix, and Comcast, among others; business development; strategic planning; monetizing and strategically planning for the use of copyrights; the art of persuasion; leading teams; public-company board relations; and building partnerships. At bottom, Ms. Lee is a problem solver.
Ms. Lee has received some of the media industry’s most prestigious awards, including being named Cable’s Most Powerful Women by Cablefax for multiple years, recognized as a Wonder Women and Women to Watch by Multichannel News, and featured in Multichannel News’s 40 Under 40 list. Additionally, she received the Women in Cable’s Breaking the Mold Inspiration Award.
Ms. Lee was drawn to the law because the law is the underpinnings of everything in business and in life. She has had a wide variety of legal experiences. Prior to joining Robins Kaplan, Ms. Lee’s practice focused on business litigation spanning many business sectors as well as transactional work for a virtual content provider. Today, Ms. Lee represents global and domestic insurance companies in first party property insurance disputes relating to high stakes catastrophic losses.
Ms. Lee was a judicial intern for the Honorable Justice Beth Robinson at the Vermont Supreme Court (recently appointed to the United States 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals) and a Litigation Intern for a Vermont prosecutor. She was also invited to participate in Vermont Law’s Advanced Appellate Advocacy program and chosen to join Intensive Trial Practice. Ms. Lee also served as the Vermont Editor on the Vermont Law Review and as an Academic Success Program Mentor. Additionally, Ms. Lee was a teaching assistant for Contracts and Professional Responsibility. In her spare time, she coached the Green Mountain Girls State Moot Court team.
Ms. Lee has served on numerous boards, including Cable Television and Communications Association of Illinois and California Cable Telecommunications Association. She also served as co-chair of Women In Cable Television's popular mentoring program.
Ms. Lee is a lifelong learner. She is currently enrolled in New York University Law School’s Taxation LLM program.
Ms. Lee is licensed to practice law in New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont; First & Second United States Court of Appeals; and U.S. District Court for the Districts of Massachusetts, Maine, and New Hampshire.
- “Cable’s Most Powerful Women,” Cablefax
- “Wonder Women,” Multichannel News
- “Women to Watch,” Multichannel News
- “40 Under 40 List,” Multichannel News
- “Breaking the Mold Inspiration Award,” Women in Cable
- Women in Cable Telecommunications, Past Co-Chair, Mentoring Program
- American Legion Auxiliary, Past Moot Court Coach, Girls State Vermont
- Cable Television and Communications Association of Illinois, Past Board Member
- California Cable Telecommunications Association, Past Board Member
- New Hampshire
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- Vermont Law School, cum laude; Vermont Law Review
- University of Maine, Bachelor of Science
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.