- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
May 17, 2023Minnesota Settles Lawsuit Against JUUL and Altria for $60.5 million
May 16, 2023Robins Kaplan Practice Groups, Attorney Recognized in Elite Trial Lawyers Awards
May 30, 2023ACRELive! MOAC (Mall of America) v. Transform Holdco
June 1, 202313th Annual Disability Justice Seminar
June 5, 2023Proposition 65
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Carrie M. Lambert
Carrie Lambert is an experienced intellectual property and business lawyer who advises individuals and companies on complex litigation, enforcement, and transactional matters. Carrie’s clients rely on her skills and judgment gained from years in the litigation trenches all over the country to navigate critical questions on how to protect and strategically advance their intellectual property and business goals. Carrie has represented inventors, small enterprises and corporations in a wide variety of complex business and intellectual property matters, focusing on patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, unfair competition, consumer fraud, false advertising, and breach of contract disputes.
Carrie has litigated cases involving a broad range of technologies, including consumer electronics, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and computer hardware and software. She has experience managing large case teams through all phases of litigation, from performing pre-suit evaluations and aggressively pursuing domestic and international discovery to obtaining summary judgment and representing clients at trials and mediations in federal and state court.
While Carrie’s litigation skills and track record are invaluable to her clients, it is her attention to detail and commitment to deep, long-term client relationships that set her apart from other lawyers. In addition, Carrie’s ability and passion for mentoring, growing and maintaining great case and trial teams give her clients a significant advantage in the always-changing legal realm.
- Trial counsel in St. Clair Intellectual Property Consultants, Inc. v. Canon, Inc. et al., No. 03-241 (D. Del., filed February 28, 2003) a case in which a federal jury in Wilmington, Delaware awarded Ms. Lambert’s client, St. Clair, $34.7 million after a finding that Canon infringed four patents relating to digital camera technology. The verdict was announced on October 8, 2004.
- Trial counsel in St. Clair Intellectual Property Consultants, Inc. v. Fuji, Ltd. et al., No. 03-241 (D. Del., filed February 28, 2003) a case in which a federal jury in Wilmington, Delaware awarded Ms. Lambert’s client, St. Clair, $3 million after a finding that Fuji infringed four patents relating to digital camera technology. The verdict was announced on October 25, 2004.
- Member of trial team in St. Clair Intellectual Property Consultants, Inc. v. Sony Corp. et al., No. 01-557 (D. Del, filed August 14, 2001), a case in which a federal jury in Wilmington, Delaware awarded Ms. Lambert’s client, St. Clair, $25 million after a finding that Sony infringed four patents relating to digital camera technology. The verdict was announced on February 25, 2003. The parties entered into a license agreement two days later, the terms of which are confidential.
- Represented St. Clair Intellectual Property Consultants in a series of patent infringement lawsuits against Olympus, Nikon, Minolta, Seiko-Epson, Kodak, JVC, Panasonic, Kyocera, Samsung, Sanyo, Casio, Pentax, LG, BenQ, Concord, General Imaging Co. and Pantech. Settlements were reached with these companies after trials with Sony and Canon were concluded. Total settlements reached on St. Clair’s behalf in this litigation exceeded $240 million.
- Represented data recovery company in action for trade secret misappropriation, breach of employment agreements, and conversion.
- Represented large medical device company in patent licensing dispute against major competitor.
- Represented individual plaintiffs in copyright infringement action against a major credit card company.
- Defended patent holder in ownership dispute involving claims for breach of employment agreements, conversion, unfair competition, and unjust enrichment.
- Represented patent holder in patent infringement action before the ITC regarding importation of allegedly infringing digital cameras.
- Defended food service company in patent infringement litigation involving ice cream dispensing machines.
Named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers (2011-2013)
- JDRF of Minnesota, Gala Co-Chair (2021-Present); Volunteer and Lead Family Fundraiser (2016-Present)
- KJP Consulting Services, LLC d/b/a The Steph Pierce, Advisory Board (2020-Present)
- Concord Elementary PTO, Grade Lead (2019-Present); Carnival Coordinator (2017-2020); Room Parent (2016-2021)
- National Share Office - Share Pregnancy & Infant Loss, Board of Directors (2010-2013)
- University of Minnesota, J.D., cum laude (2001)
- University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, B.A., Political Science and Communications, magna cum laude (1997)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.