- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
March 16, 2023Second Circuit Affirms Record $5.6 Billion Recovery in Antitrust Case
March 10, 2023Robins Kaplan Announces $28 Million Settlement in Case Against For-Profit College’s Directors & Officers
March 9, 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Launches New Professional Development Program
March 19-22, 2023PLRB 2023 Claims Conference
March 29-30, 2023ACI Managed Care Disputes and Litigation
April 3, 2023Conference of Tribal Lending Commissioners
March 13, 2023The Antitrust Case that Could Reshape Professional Golf
February 22, 2023A World Without Noncompetes: Protecting Confidential Information and Trade Secrets
February 7, 2023When Monkey Business Slips Into Trademark Infringement
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Meegan F. Hollywood
Meegan Hollywood prosecutes actions involving price-fixing, unlawful monopolization and other anticompetitive practices. She previously litigated the In re Air Cargo Shipping Services Antitrust Litigation, involving a class of direct purchasers who recovered over $1.2 billion in settlements for an alleged global conspiracy in the market for airfreight services. Ms. Hollywood currently serves on the court-appointed plaintiffs’ steering committee in In re Local TV Advertising Antitrust Litigation representing a proposed class of purchasers of broadcast television spot advertising against defendants who are alleged to have engaged in a scheme to artificially inflate prices in violation of federal antitrust law. Additionally, she currently represents a direct action plaintiff in opt-out litigation against two of the largest freight railroads in the country for allegedly conspiring to fix prices on rail shipments. She has also defended clients in complex commercial litigation and in white collar and securities fraud investigations.
Ms. Hollywood is the pro bono chair for the New York Office, an advisory board member of the American Antitrust Institute, and Vice Chair of the American Bar Association Antitrust Law Section Global Private Litigation Committee. Ms. Hollywood is also Co-Chair of the police misconduct subcommittee of the New York State Bar Association Task Force on Racial Injustice and Police Reform. She is currently working with KIND (Kids in Need of Defense) to provide pro bono assistance to unaccompanied refugee children seeking Special Immigrant Juvenile Status in the United States.
In re Air Cargo Shipping Services Antitrust Litigation: Over $1.2 billion in settlements for an alleged global conspiracy to fix surcharges for air cargo shipping services. Defendants in the decade-long litigation included many of the world’s largest airlines.
In re Local TV Advertising Antitrust Litigation: Serving on the court-appointed plaintiffs’ steering committee representing a proposed class of purchasers of broadcast television spot advertising against defendants who are alleged to have engaged in a scheme to artificially inflate prices in violation of federal antitrust law.
In re Polyurethane Foam Antitrust Litigation: Over $433 million in settlements regarding an alleged conspiracy to unlawfully fix the prices of polyurethane foam in the United States.
Representing one of the world’s largest energy companies in connection with its antitrust claims against defendant freight railroads for allegedly conspiring to increase revenue by imposing non-negotiable fuel surcharges on rail shipments.
- Bloomberg Law: They've Got Next: The 40 Under 40 (2022)
- Chambers USA—Antitrust: Mainly Plaintiff, New York—Up and Coming Attorney (2022)
- Crain's New York Business: Notable Diverse Leader in Law (2022)
- Crain's New York Business: Notable Woman in Law (2021)
- Benchmark Litigation: Future Star (2022-2023)
- New York Law Journal: Rising Star (2021)
- The National Law Journal: Rising Star of the Plaintiffs Bar (2021)
- Global Competition Review: 40 Under 40 List (2020)
- Law360: Competition Editorial Advisory Board (2020)
- American Bar Association: On the Rise: Top 40 Young Lawyer (2018)
- Global Competition Review: Lawyer of the Year Under 40 Finalist (2018)
- Profiles in Diversity Journal: Woman Worth Watching (2018)
- Super Lawyers: New York Rising Star (2015-2018)
- Global Investigations Review: Woman in Investigations (2015)
- American Antitrust Institute: Antitrust Enforcement Award Finalist and Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement by a Young Lawyer Finalist (2014)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Villanova Law School, J.D., cum laude (2007); Managing Editor of Research and Writing, Villanova Law Review
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A. in Political Science, cum laude (2004)
- American Antitrust Institute, Advisory Board
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law; Vice Chair, Global Private Litigation Committee
- New York State Bar Association Antitrust Law Section; NYSBA Task Force on Racial Injustice and Police Reform; Police Misconduct Subcommittee, Co-Chair
- Law360, "Law360's 2020 Competition Editorial Advisory Board Members," (May 27, 2020)
- Law360, “Attorneys Want $100M In Air Cargo Antitrust Case,” (August 19, 2016)
- Business Insider, “Why The Justice Department Won't Go After Amazon Even Though Paul Krugman Thinks It's Hurting America” (October 20, 2014);
- Global Competition Review, “Air Cargo Plaintiffs on the Verge of Class Certification” (October 16, 2014).
- Eureka! Foreign Evidence in U.S. Antitrust Litigation
American Bar Association Antitrust Law Section Spring Meeting, Webinar (March 25, 2021)
- Health Care Antitrust Under President Biden
Robins Kaplan LLP, Webinar (March 9, 2021)
- The Economics of Pricing Conduct
Panelist, American Bar Association Antitrust Law Section Pricing Conduct, Economics, and Criminal Cartel Committees, Webinar (January 13, 2021)
- Franchising Agreements and the No-Poach Approach
American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section, New York, New York (March 13, 2020)
- New Frontiers in Antitrust
American Bar Association, Section of Litigation & Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division CLE Conference, New York, New York (May 1, 2019)
- Why Antitrust
American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, New York, New York (February 25, 2019)
- Becoming an Antitrust Lawyer
New York State Bar Association Antitrust Law Section, New York, New York (March 10, 2016)
- Antitrust and Competition
New York State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, New York, New York (January 30, 2015)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.