- Practice focuses in the area of civil litigation matters including major fire litigation, construction litigation and mass disaster litigation.
- Personally handled litigation matters in over 44 states in both the federal and state courts in the United States.
- Lead counsel in a number of major mass disaster matters including fires, mines and chemical company explosions.
- Served as guest lecturer for various legal and insurance organizations and others concerned with the subject of fire litigation.
- Worked in conjunction with nationally recognized testing facilities including the University of California at Berkeley, Southwest Research, Borehamwood Laboratories in England, Battelle Institute and the ATF Laboratories in Maryland.
Represented a child who was severely injured due to smoke detector failure in a home fire. Loss occurred in Montgomery County, Maryland. Confidentially settled before trial. This is one of several cases the firm has handled against the manufacturer, First Alert/BRK.
MGM and Hilton hotel fires in Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunshine Mine disaster in Kellogg, Idaho
Terra Chemical Company explosion in Sioux City, Iowa (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
San Juan DuPont Plaza Hotel fire that took 97 lives and involved several hundred injury claims in Puerto Rico. (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
Wabasso Mills fire loss, Trois-Rivieres, Quebec
Muttart Lumber fire loss, Edmonton, Alberta
Milliken Mills fire loss, LaGrange, Georgia (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
Holiday Inn fire, Kearney, Nebraska
Lockwood Warehouse fire, Houston, Texas (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
Provident National Bank fire, Providence, Rhode Island
St. Cloud gas explosion, St. Cloud, Minnesota
Texas Eastern LNG gas tank fire, Staten Island, New York
Various MDL litigation matters involving Dow Chemical Company, Celotex
Class actions involving the Ford Motor Company, Edina Realty, Koch Industries, and BRK Brands (Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP)
- Media appearances on national news shows such as NBC Dateline, ABC 20/20, Canadian television and a half hour special with Jules Bergman titled “On Fire.”
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.