- Prior to becoming of counsel, served as Chair of the Mass Tort Practice Group for more than 15 years
- Has experience in complex civil litigation, with emphasis upon multi-state, multi-party and class action litigation.
- Testified before Federal Congressional Committees and State Legislative Committees on issues related to products liability, the Food and Drug Administration, and tort reform.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Harry H. MacLaughlin, Minnesota Supreme Court
Lead partner responsible for negotiating a settlement against major cigarette manufacturers on behalf of the State of Minnesota and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota. The case was settled for $6.13 billion on behalf of the State of Minnesota and $469 million on behalf of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota.
One of the partners in charge of the litigation on behalf of the Government of India arising out of the Bhopal gas leak disaster.
While serving as lead partner, successfully tried or negotiated the settlements of the firm’s Bjork-Shiley heart valve, breast implant, L-Tryptophan, Gammagard, Fen-Phen, and St. Jude Silzone Heart Valve cases.
- Member and former Chair of the Board of Directors of The Center for Public Integrity, Washington, DC.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.