- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
March 30, 2023Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison and Robins Kaplan Partner Tara Sutton Give Opening Statements in Minnesota’s Lawsuit Against JUUL
March 28, 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Announces 2023 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellow and Pathfinder
March 22, 2023Benchmark Litigation Names Robins Kaplan 2023 Minnesota Law Firm of the Year
April 3, 2023Conference of Tribal Lending Commissioners
April 11-13, 2023Mass Torts Made Perfect Seminar
April 19, 2023FBA Women in MDL, Mass and Class Leadership
March 2023Unintended Consequences of Banning Noncompete Agreements
March 26, 2023What I’ll Be Watching for in the Amgen Oral Arguments
March 2023How an Investor Can Lose More Than Just Their Investment
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Alexa R. Ely
Alexa Ely is an associate in the firm’s business litigation practice, with an emphasis on complex civil and healthcare litigation matters. Her experience spans across all stages of litigation, including the drafting of successful dispositive and discovery motions, first-chairing oral arguments, depositions, and mediations, and leading expert discovery and fact investigation efforts. Alexa has represented several Fortune 500 clients in state and federal courts across the country, including the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the Northern and Central Districts of California, and Minnesota, California, and Texas state courts.
Outside of her regular practice, Alexa has been engaged in pro bono representation. Most notably, Alexa represented, alongside a team of dedicated lawyers, the next-of-kin of George P. Floyd in their civil rights lawsuit against the City of Minneapolis and four former police officers, which resulted in a $27.5 million settlement.
Alexa is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Law School, where she was a Managing Editor on the Minnesota Law Review and served as a Certified Student Attorney for the Innocence Clinic.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- University of Minnesota Law School, Honors in Legal Writing; Dean’s List (2019)
- Minnesota Law Review, Managing Editor (2018-2019); Staff Member (2017-2018)
- University of North Dakota, Bachelor of Business Administration, summa cum laude (2015)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.