- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
June 6, 2023Super Lawyers Names Five Attorneys to “Southern California Rising Stars” List
June 1, 2023Chambers USA Recognizes Five Robins Kaplan Practice Groups and 17 Lawyers in 2023 Guide
May 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Celebrates 85 Years
June 9, 2023LGBTQ Legal Services: Transgender Name Change Clinic
June 13, 20232023 Probate and Trust Law Section Conference
June 14, 2023Leading Through Uncertainty
May 2023Raoul Shah: Keeping Humanity and Compassion Close
May 18, 2023NFT Trademark Defense Comes Down To Licensing Terms
April 20, 2023Drafting Subsequent Agreements to Avoid Arbitrability Litigation
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Chief Value and Analytics Officer
Ashton Batchelor leads trial law firm Robins Kaplan LLP’s Pricing, Legal Project Management (LPM), and Financial Analytics functions.
Drawing upon her extensive experience in legal operations, Ashton helps create innovative and practical fee arrangements ranging from simple fixed fees to complex shared-risk arrangements. Ashton also supports attorneys and clients through the firm’s sophisticated diligence process for risk-based arrangements to ensure these arrangements are based upon shared assumptions and terms of success. In addition, Ashton partners with Robins Kaplan’s executive board and leadership team to manage the firm’s portfolio of risk-based arrangements.
Legal Project Management
Ashton oversees Robins Kaplan’s matter management program, including an in-house team of certified legal project managers who partner closely with firm clients to effectively scope, budget, and manage legal matters from inception to result. These efforts help provide transparent, predictable, and efficient delivery of legal services.
Ashton also oversees a team of financial analytics professionals who support the economics behind each of Robins Kaplan’s practice groups, working closely with firm management and practice leaders to support revenue management, performance benchmarking, and profitable delivery of legal services.Previously, Ashton held similar roles in legal project management in pricing at national law firms. Prior to working in legal operations, Ashton was a litigation paralegal.
- Named a “Rising Young Professional,” Finance & Commerce Magazine (2020)
- Legal Value Network
- Association of Legal Administrator
- Certified Legal Project Manager, Law Vision Group
- Accredited Legal Project Manager, True Value Partnering Institute
- Paralegal Certification, Hamline University
- For Many Firms, Client Relations Pros have Been the Missing Link
The Legal Intelligencer (July 1, 2020)
- Using Data Analytics in a Pandemic Landscape and Beyond COVID
Panelist, Profitability & Pricing Chicago Conference (June 2021)
- Pricing Pioneers
Panelist, LMA Mid-Atlantic Senior Leaders Group (March 2021)
- Litigation as an Investment: How Analytics Should Drive Litigation
Co-Presenter, WestLegalEd Center (February 2021)
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.