Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 1:00 P.M. CST -- Superstorm Sandy raised important property insurance coverage questions:
- What constitutes a flood in a policy that excludes or sub-limits flood?
- Is flood damage during a major storm subject to a policy’s flood sub-limits?
- Do exclusions and sub-limits for flood apply when other factors contribute to the damage?
- May a policyholder recover other sub-limits in addition to flood sub-limits?
- Are hurricane and named storm deductibles valid and enforceable?