- Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
- Affirmative Recovery
- American Indian Law and Policy
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Appellate Advocacy and Guidance
- Business Litigation
- Civil Rights and Police Misconduct
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial/Project Finance and Real Estate
- Corporate Governance and Special Situations
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Domestic and International Arbitration
- Health Care Litigation
- Insurance and Catastrophic Loss
- Intellectual Property and Technology Litigation
- Mass Tort Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Telecommunications Litigation and Arbitration
- Wealth Planning, Administration, and Fiduciary Disputes
Acumen Powered by Robins Kaplan LLP®
Ediscovery, Applied Science and Economics, and Litigation Support Solutions
March 30, 2023Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison and Robins Kaplan Partner Tara Sutton Give Opening Statements in Minnesota’s Lawsuit Against JUUL
March 28, 2023Robins Kaplan LLP Announces 2023 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellow and Pathfinder
March 22, 2023Benchmark Litigation Names Robins Kaplan 2023 Minnesota Law Firm of the Year
April 3, 2023Conference of Tribal Lending Commissioners
April 11-13, 2023Mass Torts Made Perfect Seminar
April 19, 2023FBA Women in MDL, Mass and Class Leadership
March 2023Unintended Consequences of Banning Noncompete Agreements
March 26, 2023What I’ll Be Watching for in the Amgen Oral Arguments
March 2023How an Investor Can Lose More Than Just Their Investment
September 16, 2022Uber Company Systems Compromised by Widespread Cyber Hack
September 15, 2022US Averts Rail Workers Strike With Last-Minute Tentative Deal
September 14, 2022Hotter-Than-Expected August Inflation Prompts Massive Wall Street Selloff
Find additional firm contact information for press inquiries.
Find resources to help navigate legal and business complexities.
Christopher Larus, Robins Kaplan Shortlisted for Benchmark Litigation 2023 Awards
January 17, 2023
Robins Kaplan LLP is pleased to announce that Christopher Larus has been named a finalist for Benchmark Litigation’s Intellectual Property Litigator of the Year Award. Additionally, the firm was selected as a finalist for Law Firm of the Year in Minnesota.
According to Benchmark Litigation, these awards recognize “the country’s most distinguished litigators and their firms for their exemplary work over the past twelve months.”
Christopher Larus is the chair of the firm’s National IP and Technology Litigation Group. For more than 25 years, he has helped leading technology companies protect and monetize their intellectual property. He tries complex patent, trade secret, trademark, copyright, and licensing dispute cases in courts throughout the United States and in both national and international arbitration. He has extensive experience planning and implementing licensing campaigns involving a broad range of intellectual property assets and technologies.
In the past year alone, Larus has achieved the following:
- A complete defense jury verdict in favor of two developers of payroll processing software in a significant software licensing dispute with total claims in excess of $160 million;
- A trial victory for product developer US Merchants Financial Group following a two-week trial involving claims of trade dress infringement, trademark infringement, and alleged interference with contract;
- Confidential settlements with two Fortune 100 banking institutions on behalf of a small technology company holding patents covering innovative technologies for developing mobile banking applications;
- A confidential settlement on behalf of a direct marketing services provider in a trade secret dispute brought against former executives and their new employer;
- A vital interlocutory appellate win before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit on behalf of Xylem (a global leader in water technology) in an ongoing trade secret dispute.
Additionally, in November of 2022, Larus completed a two-week bench trial representing Veteran-owned software developer 4DD Holdings, LLC in a large copyright infringement action against the United States Government.
The Benchmark Litigation 2023 award winners will be announced at a ceremony in New York City on March 15.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.