Summer Associate Webinar
2023 2L Summer Associate Opportunities in Minneapolis
July 14, 2022
Robins Kaplan is a national powerhouse firm dedicated to high-stakes litigation and trial work. We represent both plaintiffs and defendants and have a varied client base that ranges from individuals to small companies to Fortune 100 corporations. We helped pioneer high-stakes contingency-fee litigation and recovered well in excess of $10 billion for many clients over the last 25 years.
For over 80 years, Robins Kaplan has been a passionate defender of the right to trial by jury. We are regularly recognized on The American Lawyer’s A-List for our core values, unique characteristics, and exceptional results. We have a nationally recognized pro bono program, an acclaimed attorney training program, and received the ABA’s prestigious Golden Hammer Award for our commitment to diversity.
We have designed our summer program with two primary goals in mind—introducing you to our firm and what life as an Associate is like, and helping you improve as legal writers, thinkers, and advocates. As a Summer Associate, you will:
- Develop advocacy skills by participating in a mock arbitration in our courtroom— guided by some of our firm’s most skilled trial lawyers;
- Help ensure that everyone has access to justice by working on pro bono cases
- Solve client problems: work with our attorneys on substantive assignments related to cases being handled by the firm;
- Improve your writing through our writing coaching and mentorship program;
- Learn about law beyond the classroom by accompanying our lawyers to trials, hearings, depositions, negotiations, and client meetings
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.