Practice Pointers for Virtual Hearings
Hosted by the Federal Bar Association Minnesota Chapter Class Action and Mass Tort Practice Groups
May 17, 2021
On Monday, May 17, 2021, Stacey Slaughter moderated “Practice Pointers for Virtual Hearings,” a panel hosted by the Federal Bar Association Minnesota Chapter Class Action and Mass Tort Practice Groups. The panel featured judges, career law clerks, and a court reporter, discussing the shift to near exclusive use of remote video hearings in civil litigation, with topics including:
- Effective preparation for lawyers and clients for a remote video hearing;
- Effective oral advocacy in a remote video hearing;
- Managing demonstratives and preparation of courtesy copies of electronic briefs and exhibits;
- District of Minnesota resources for remote virtual hearings; and
- The future of remote video hearings after the pandemic.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.