COVID-19: Immediate Issues Facing Employers
The Knowledge Group
April 29, 2020
Start time: 12:00 p.m. PT | 2:00 p.m. CT | 3:00 p.m. ET
Duration: 90 minutes
On April 29, 2020, Partner Glenn Danas will present in The Knowledge Group webinar, “COVID-19: Immediate Issues Facing Employers.” Speakers will address the unprecedented challenges posed by COVID-19 for employers of all sizes; the guidance and orders issued on a daily basis by federal, state, and local agencies; and what employers need to know to stay abreast of current developments and protect their employees and businesses in this evolving landscape.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- The new Families First Coronavirus Response Act provisions regarding paid sick leave and expanded Family and Medical Leave, which took effect April 1, 2020
- Wage and hour issues triggered by COVID-19, including reducing pay of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Applying the ADA framework to the new challenges posed by COVID-19
- Why employers need to pay attention to actions at the federal, state, and local level – and where to find helpful information and guidance
- Employers’ obligation to provide a safe workplace
- WARN Act implications of business shutdowns and furloughs
The webinar will be available for replay beginning Thursday, April 30, 2020.
If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers and addresses for our offices are listed on this page. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients.
By accepting these terms, you are confirming that you have read and understood this important notice.