Has concentrated on patent infringement litigation since approximately 1990. Illustrative cases include:
- Representation of an inventor against a Japanese bicycle components manufacturer, a case which required six (6) weeks of depositions in Japan.
- Leading the firm’s handling of a biotech plaintiff’s infringement case involving a pediatric vaccine.
- Defense of a manufacturer of combination exit sign/emergency lighting fixtures.
- Representation of the patent owner- medical device manufacturer in a case tried in September 2002.
- Representation of the patent owner in a computer design/architecture case tried against a major PC manufacturer in June 2003.
- Intergraph v. Dell, Hewlett Packard and Gateway: Represented Intergraph Corp. in patent litigation involving microprocessor system design in a case venued in East Texas. Recovered a total of $500 million in settlements as follows:
- Hewlett-Packard $141 million, with cross licenses
- Dell/Intel $225 million
- Gateway/emachines $12 million plus ongoing royalties
- AMD $20 million
- IBM $10 million plus a license to IBM's portfolio
- Toshiba and NEC, confidential settlements
Licensing campaign following litigation:
- Fujitsu $9.75 million
- Sony $15 million
- Acer $7.5 million
- Other confidential licenses