Robins Kaplan LLP has an exciting opportunity for an outgoing computer scientist with exceptional communication skills to join our Science Advisor Group.
The firm's Science Advisors work with attorneys in the Intellectual Property & Technology Group and the Business Litigation Group during all phases of litigation. Our scientists and engineers work directly with inventors, technical experts, and clients. As core members of the legal team, they focus on the technological aspects of the case.
- Perform initial investigation and analysis of potential patent cases.
- Analyze and document functionality of source code.
- Investigate infringement and validity of patents.
- Identify and research technical information relating to a variety of products and industries.
- Identify key technical issues and documents.
- Search for and analyze prior art.
- Generate validity and infringement claim charts.
- Analyze file histories.
- Assist attorneys with claim construction.
- Assist attorneys with technical issues in briefs, hearings, depositions, and trial.
- Work with inventors and technical experts.
- Work with other support departments within the firm.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
- B.S., Masters, or Ph.D. in Computer Science;
- a record of strong academic achievement;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- meticulous attention to detail.
Intellectual Property experience is helpful, but not required. Salary commensurate with credentials and experience.